Wednesday, September 30, 2009

R.I.P. The Late Great Grand Master Roc Raida


Anthony "DJ Roc Raida" Williams 1972-2009



I first met Roc Raida at the old Fat Beats him and the X-Men were doing a photo shoot for a vhs they were putting out. I was 16 at the time cutting school to buy records before anybody else got to them. To meet my deejay hero and to get autographs it was the time of my life. We were chopping it up and mixing even Joe the owner of Fat Beats got in to it. The thing I notices most about Roc was his humblness and all he told me was to keep practicing. It was a tragic lost for hip hop september 19, 2009 when Roc Raida died from a cardiac arrest. A tribute benifet was held at the Electric Pickle to honor this pioneer of turntablism. If you missed it you can always be true to the game and purchase some of his lastest works of art out in your local hip hop stores or web links.

No comments:

Post a Comment